Arnold, PA 15068
As a Business Analyst, you are a highly effective liaison between clients and the software development team. This role requires you to develop a deep understanding of as-is and to-be business processes and translates them into application requirements. You participate in all phases of the development life-cycle.
You rely upon excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with clients and document requirements. You are highly effective at managing competing priorities and ensuring that each project’s requirements are documented completely and accurately.
You will be assigned to client projects, client support, product development, and/or internal projects as needed. Candidates who are willing and able to fulfill both the Business Analyst and Quality Assurance Analyst roles are highly preferred.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, job shadowing, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Business Requirements Documents; Process Flows; Use Cases; User Interface Designs
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with clients and make recommendations of where client workflows have an opportunity for process improvement
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate business analysis activities
- Work closely with Project Manager / Scrum Master to manage and prioritize product roadmaps, product backlogs, project schedules, critical path, and project deadlines
- Support simultaneous projects of varying size and complexity with minimal oversight
- Provide various levels of end-user post-implementation support to clients, including troubleshooting, training, and documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Work experience as a business analyst:
- Junior: minimum 1-3 years’ experience
- Mid-level: minimum 3-7 years’ experience
- Senior: minimum 7+ years’ experience
- Experience leading discovery sessions with clients to understand current processes, identify needs/wants/pain points, and translate into requirements
- Experience with Agile software development and/or hybrid waterfall/Agile development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Experience with Organizational Change Management initiatives and methodologies
- Six Sigma or other continuous improvement experience and/or certifications
- Experience with functional, integration, regression, performance, and load testing
- Experience with creating and delivering end-user training or training-the-trainer
Method Automation Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practice laws. The Company will not tolerate discrimination in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discharge, compensation, or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, age, use of a guide or service animal because of blindness, deafness, or physical handicap, sex (including sex assigned at birth, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, and transgender identity), national origin, non-job related handicap or disability, genetic information, on the basis of mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal state, or local law.