Quality Assurance Analyst
Arnold, PA 15068
As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you leverage extensive knowledge of testing best practices to ensure that software products run smoothly and meet client needs. You work closely with our development team to deliver high quality, low defect code. You participate in all phases of the development life cycle.
You rely upon excellent verbal and written communication skills to explain and document issues discovered in testing. You are highly effective at managing competing priorities and ensuring that each project receives the proper level and type of testing.
You will be assigned to client projects, client support, product development, and/or internal projects as needed. Candidates who are willing and able to fulfill both the Quality Assurance Analyst and Business Analyst roles are highly preferred.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute all phases of the QA cycle, including requirements analysis, test case identification, test plan authoring, execution, defect tracking, status, and reporting of results
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases, scenarios, and supporting data based on customer requirements and design documentation
- Execute tests to validate that the software complies with standards and documented requirements
- Perform Functional, Regression, Performance, System Integration, and User Acceptance testing based on customer requirements
- Lead customer-facing User Acceptance testing, including interacting with end-users
- Log and track defects from initial discovery to closure, thoroughly documenting the issue(s) and working with developers to assess severity and impact
- Develop an understanding of software requirements, including how users use the products and the impact of change to the users’ workflow
- Troubleshoot software problems and escalate issues as appropriate
- Support simultaneous projects of varying size and complexity with minimal oversight
- Other duties as assigned
- Work experience as a software quality assurance analyst:
- Junior: minimum 1-3 years’ experience
- Mid-level: minimum 3-7 years’ experience
- Senior: minimum 7+ years’ experience
- Experience with Agile software development and/or hybrid waterfall/Agile development
- Experience with functional, integration, and regression testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Experience with performance and load testing
- Experience working with vendors to escalate and resolve issues
- Experience leading discovery sessions with clients to understand current processes, identify needs/wants/pain points, and translate into requirements
- Experience with Section 508 Compliance testing
- Experience with creating and delivering end-user training or training-the-trainer
Method Automation Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practice laws. The Company will not tolerate discrimination in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discharge, compensation, or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, age, use of a guide or service animal because of blindness, deafness, or physical handicap, sex (including sex assigned at birth, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, and transgender identity), national origin, non-job related handicap or disability, genetic information, on the basis of mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal state, or local law.